Join the Fairport Harbor Public Library Board of Trustees
Fairport Harbor Public Library is accepting applications to fill a seat on the library’s board of trustees set to become vacant December 31, 2021. The trustee must be a resident and registered voter of Lake County, Ohio.
The new trustee will be appointed to complete the vacated term through Dec. 31, 2024.
Library trustee duties include:
- helping to direct the funds and policies of the library
- having a role in determining the mission and goals of the library
- hiring and evaluating a library director and fiscal officer and ensuring that they oversee the general management of the library.
- being an advocate for the library in the community
- attending meetings and library functions, and
- serving on one or more of the Board Committees.
Attendance is required at trustee meetings that are held monthly on the third Tuesday at 5:30 pm at the library.
Fairport Harbor Public Library has been a member of the CLEVNET consortium since 1997 and will celebrate its centennial in 2022.
All library trustees serve without compensation. Trustees are expected to participate in community affairs, actively use the library and its resources, and be a powerful advocate and supporter of the library. Every member is required to lend their time, experience, knowledge, and energy to the growth and success of the library.
Applicants should submit an Application for Appointment to the Board of Trustees which will include:
- place of residence,
- length of time at current address,
- reason for interest in serving on the library board,
- community involvement, education, work and service experience, and
- names and contact information of three references
Send your current resume, and a completed Application for Appointment to the Board of Trustees to:
Fairport Harbor Public Library,
335 Vine Street, Fairport Harbor, OH 44077
Application forms are available at the library or online .
Documents may be mailed or dropped off in person at the library.
The deadline for first consideration of applications is Friday, November 12, 2021. The library is located at 335 Vine Street in Fairport Harbor.