A Tablet is small hand-held electronic device for reading eBooks, viewing eMedia, and accessing the internet. The tablet is portable, so you can use it almost wherever you are; at home, on the bus or in the park. The kit also comes with a bluetooth keyboard and wireless mouse for borrowers that prefer to use those instead of the touchscreen.
- A tablet may be checked out for one week by any adult user (18+) with a Fairport Harbor Public Library card in good standing.
- Tablets are available on a first-come basis and cannot be reserved in advance. Tablets must be picked up and returned to FHPL in person.
- Borrowers must sign an Equipment Borrowing Agreement form.
Equipment waiver agreement form
Equipment borrowing rules and instructions
- Users will be limited to borrowing one tablet per household at one time.
- Tablets circulate for 1 week and are due prior to the library’s closing time on the due date. There is no renewal. Overdue tablets will be remotely deactivated within twenty-four (24) hours of the due date.
- Overdue charges of $5.00 per day will be assessed for late return of a tablet. There is no grace period. The borrower will be fined for the item on the first day overdue.
- If a borrower fails to return the tablet and/or does not pay replacement costs, the library will turn it off remotely, consider it stolen, and may pursue criminal charges.
- The borrower is responsible for replacement of lost or damaged tablets, parts, and accessories while checked out to them. See Replacement Cost Schedule below.
Amazon Kindle Fire 10HD – device only: $175
Amazon Kindle Fire Wall Charger AC Adapter: $20
Amazon Kindle Fire USB Charging Cord: $15
Amazon Kindle Screen Protector: $15
Wireless USB Mouse or Receiver: $15
Bluetooth Keyboard: $40
Bluetooth Keyboard USB Charging Cord: $10
Kindle Case: $40
Kit Case: $20
Damage / Loss of entire kit: $350
- Borrowers should not let anyone else use the tablet or allow children to play with the device without supervision.
- Borrowers are responsible for adherence to and any violation of the library’s Computer User policy and all other applicable library policies.
- Changing any of the device’s settings is prohibited