Library staff cannot offer tax advice. Here are some helpful resources you can use:
- Federal IRS tax forms and instructions
- Federal IRS tax help
- State of Ohio tax forms
- Sate of Ohio tax help
- Fairport Harbor (RITA) tax information
Other IRS Resources
- Get a copy of your tax record to view your tax account transactions or line-by-line tax return information for a specific tax year. Go to IRS.gov/account to view your balance, payment history or access your tax records.
- Get help choosing a tax professional to file your taxes.
- Tax scams/consumer alerts
Help in Lake County
During tax season Lifeline will provide tax preparation assistance for the community through the VITA Program. This program, in partnership with the IRS, will allow low to moderate-income households to participate in free tax preparation sessions with IRS-certified tax preparation volunteers. Applicants must live in Lake County and meet program income eligibility. Visit Lifeline’s website for information, or call 2-1-1 for more details.