A WiFi hotspot is a device you can use to connect a mobile-enabled device, such as a laptop, smartphone, or tablet, to the internet. The hotspot is portable, so you can connect your device almost wherever you are, like at home, on the bus or in the park.
- Hotspots may be checked out for one week by any adult user (18+) with a Fairport Harbor Public Library card in good standing.
- Hotspots are available on a first-come basis and cannot be reserved in advance. Hotspots must be picked up and returned to FHPL in person.
- Borrowers must sign an Equipment Borrowing Agreement form.
- Users will be limited to borrowing one hotspot per household at one time. The hotspots let you connect up to 15 wifi capable devices.
- Internet service relies on cell tower technology and coverage and user experience can vary based on location. Service is only available in United States.
- Library patrons will need to provide their own Wi-Fi enabled equipment. The library staff cannot troubleshoot problems related to the patron’s hardware, software or configurations. The Library cannot guarantee a particular device will work with the Library’s mobile hotspot.
- Hotspots circulate for 1 week and are due prior to the library’s closing time on the due date. There is no renewal. Overdue hotspot devices will be remotely deactivated within twenty-four (24) hours of the due date.
- Overdue charges of $5.00 per day will be assessed for late return of a hotspot. There is no grace period. The borrower will be fined for the item on the first day overdue.
- If a borrower fails to return the hotspot and/or does not pay replacement costs, the library will turn it off remotely, consider it stolen, and may pursue criminal charges.
- The borrower is responsible for replacement of lost or damaged hotspots, parts, and accessories while checked out to them. See Replacement Cost Schedule below.
Entire Hotspot Kit $229
- Borrowers should not let anyone else use the hotspot or allow children to play with the device without supervision.
- Borrowers are responsible for adherence to and any violation of the library’s Computer User policy and all other applicable library policies.
- Changing any of the device’s settings is prohibited