Centennial Gallery

Superintendent, M.C. Helm, of Fairport Schools founded the Fairport Harbor Public Library in 1922 – His picture here is from the 1923 Fairport High School Yearbook
Virginia Kerr served as the first librarian at FHPL from 1924-1926 She is pictured here from the 1923 Fairport High School Yearbook (she also taught Spanish)
Hazel Rugg served as head librarian at FHPL from 1926-1948 She is pictured here from the 1932 Fairport High School Yearbook (she also taught English)
 
Helen Casey served as head librarian at FHPL from 1949-1957 She is pictured here from the 1954 Fairport High School Yearbook
Camille Mosher served as head librarian at FHPL from 1957-1967 (photo from Library scrapbook)
FHPL from the 1957 Fairport High School Yearbook
Fairport Library and High School Buildings in 1946 – Before They Were Connected.

From “The Story of Fairport: Official Souvenir Edition Commemorating Fairport’s Sesquicentennial Celebration 1796-1946”
The first library in Fairport was on the second floor of the Kasvi Temperance Hall
on Eagle Street with 138 volumes mostly in the Finnish language


From “The Story of Fairport: Official Souvenir Edition Commemorating Fairport’s Sesquicentennial Celebration 1796-1946”
 
FHPL Celebrates
National Library Week in 1965 with a Tea
for former staff
– pictured are library patron Mrs. Tze-Seng Wang, Mrs. William Jones, Mrs. Ernest Mc Farland, Mrs. Victor Lyons, and Librarian, Mrs. Camille Mosher (full article to the right)
 
%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close